About Sugam Group
Sugam has origins in being one of the first logistics companies that came into existence in the Indian Subcontinent in the 1950s when shipments were delivered via a combination of boats, ropeways, steam rails & trucks. Since then, Sugam has evolved into a multinational group with over 285 offices & 1000 people giving single window multi-modal logistics solutions across the entire SAARC region via road, railways, seaways & air. The Sugam family prides itself on its ethics and value systems and is committed to adopting the best corporate governance practices.
About Sugam’s Culture
At the outset, it is prudent to mention that we at Sugam pride ourselves on our value system and on our ethics. We have a distinct work culture, wherein our employees are treated as family members and are guided to treat each other & our customers with utmost respect. Our management
practices are designed to enrich the quality of life of all our members.Through the years these simple yet powerful values have defined the way we conduct our business. We are a diverse family, one that thrives on transparency, trust & teamwork providing equal growth opportunities not only at the corporate office level but even to the labor force at the remote towns & villages of the subcontinent.
We have a history of nurturing fresh talent at the onset of their careers who have gone on to take senior level positions at the corporate office. The Sugam job experience involves job rotation between various departments (such as marketing, costing & traffic, finance & accounts etc.)
and branch locations (booking offices, zonal offices, corporate offices etc.). This ensures that our members get a first hand exposure to the ground realities of the industry and also helps them to find a position best fit to develop their potential and maximize their productivity.
The Senior Manager/AGM HR is responsible for supporting the VP HR in developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development,
We are looking for a mature professional, with strong people management who can take up an HR generalist leadership profile across talent management, employee engagement & company culture development, compliances etc.. The incumbent will report to the company HR head and will be responsible for:
● Craft talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs
● Formulate career development plans for the entire organization
● Ensure our hiring, onboarding and management procedures are effective
● Create & maintain a culture of a “best place to work for” in the organization
● Develop HR policies for all branches, countries, regions
● Analyze the effectiveness of our HR procedures and tools
● Ensure HR plans align with our mission and business objectives
● Develop annual plans for employee engagement and motivation
● Assisting the HR head in providing overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits across all regions.
● A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
● An MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related fields would be preferred.
● Minimum 8 years of experience in handling HR Domain preferably in the logistics industry
● In-depth knowledge of all HR functions
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
● Empathetic, supportive & helpful towards employees and all stakeholders